The Bottom Line
- More than 3,000 participating hotel properties worldwide
- Several participating Airline partners
- Wide assortment of awards available
- Points can be transferred to other Marriot Rewards members
- E-rewards certificate sent directly to the hotel (no need to print out!)
- Paper rewards certificates cost $10 and take up to four weeks to receive
- Ritz-Carlton rewards reservations can not be made online
- Rewards, loyalty, and travel incentive program.
- Earn points on your business travel towards elite status and rewards.
- Redeem for travel and leisure rewards, or shop at Marriott's ultimate online mall.
Guide Review - Marriott Rewards Program
Signing up for Marriott Rewards is easy: simply go to the the website and create a user name and password. Marriott will send you a welcome email that explains the program in detail.
From hotel stays to the Marriott Signature Visa Card, there are a myriad of ways to earn points that drive you toward elite status. And with more than 3,000 thousand hotels and several airline and other partner programs, earning points is fast and easy.
As with other rewards programs, there is no set dollar-to-point ratio, as factors such as your status and how you pay for hotel stays will impact the number of points you earn. Compared to other hotel rewards programs, earned points have better-than-average value.
With over 250 ways to redeem points around the globe, cashing in at Marriott Rewards is fun and easy. From the redemption page, you will find several categories from which to choose. Treat yourself with anything from a dream vacation to a big screen TV from the main categories of Travel & Leisure, Hotel Rewards, and Shop With Your Points.
Organize the shopping center to search by points value or category. The DreamRewards Tracker allows you to create a wish list of big-ticket items to work towards. Your points balance is always displayed in the upper right hand corner of the redemption page.
For free hotel stays, redeem points at any participating hotel (including Ritz-Carlton properties), subject to availability. Once you book your hotel online, opt for the free, paperless confirmation (which will send an email directly to the hotel). Paper confirmations take up to four weeks and cost $10.
Chances are, you'll stay at a Marriott property for work sometime this year - it would be a waste not to sign up for the free Marriott Rewards program.