The Bottom Line
- Easy tracking and redeeming of points.
- Awards are broken down into two passes, good for two individual flights.
- Passes can be used individually for one-way travel or together for round-trip.
- Awards can be booked on any JetBlue flight, including international routes for same award level.
- Good seat availability.
- Limited international redemption options
- One class of service
- Awards are automatically issued when member reaches 100 points. They must be used within one year.
- Tickets can not be canceled, miles can not be redeposited.
- Awards limited to JetBlue flights. No partner redemption options.
- JetBlue’s TrueBlue is what I’d call a basic reward program.
- Redemption options are limited to flight awards, there is no elite program, and awards are issued automatically.
- If you’re a business traveler racking up the miles but sick of flying, you’re out of luck when it comes to other options.
Guide Review - JetBlue TrueBlue
Signing up for JetBlue TrueBlue is easy: simply go to the website and create a user name and password. JetBlue will send you a welcome email that includes an account number and explains the program in detail.
Points can be earned by booking tickets on JetBlue’s website, flying, and by charging goods or services on an associated American Express card.
A hundred points equals one free round trip ticket.
Fliers earn points depending on the length of the JetBlue flight. Flights are divided into three categories: short, medium and long. Short flights earn 2 points (for example from New York City to Buffalo, NY). Medium flights earn 4 points (for example from Rochester, NY to Orlando). Long flights earn 6 points (for example, flights from Boston to Oakland, CA).
Flights booked online at www.jetblue.com earn double points. In addition, additional points can be purchased through the JetBlue website.
JetBlue has a partnership with American Express that keeps your miles active. Your miles won’t expire if you make a yearly purchase with the associated American Express card.
Once you’ve reach 100 points, JetBlue issues an award (electronically) that’s good for two one-way passes to anywhere it flies, including international destinations. Currently JetBlue’s international destinations are limited to Mexico and the Caribbean. The passes can be used individually or together. Award travel can be booked at www.jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583).
Awards are transferable and expire after one year.